Fashion and Glamour Photography Qualifications
Gain meaningful qualifications and distinctions through The Society of International Fashion and Glamour Photographers
Images must show be of good saleable work consistent with standard professional practice. Judges are looking for a good use of skill and technique in most applicable elements (see What are the Judges looking for? For a full list of elements) in a minimum of 16 out of the 20 images submitted. For this level of qualification we require a minimum of four different commissions/sessions to be included in each submission, to achieve a good use of skill and technique over a variety of sessions shows the consistency we are looking for to award Licentiate.
Images must show be of good saleable work consistent with standard professional practice. Judges are looking for above average skill and technique in most applicable elements (see What are the Judges looking for? For a full list of elements) in a minimum of 16 out of the 20 images submitted, with the remaining 4 images reaching the requirements of Licentiate level for the panel to be passed. For this level of qualification we require the images 'sit together' as a body of work representative of the photographer's unique style, creativity and skills.
Images must show be of excellent saleable work and be above the standard
expected with professional practice. Judges are looking for Excellent use of
imagination, skill and technique in most applicable elements (see What are the
Judges looking for? For a full list of elements) in a minimum of 16 out of the
20 images submitted, with the remaining 4 images reaching the requirements of
Associate level for the panel to be passed. For this level of qualification we
require the images 'sit together' as a body of work representative of the
photographer's unique style, creativity and skills. Fellowship Qualification
submissions are usually a personal project shot by the entrant specifically for
the purpose of presenting the images for assessment.
Whilst we accept Licentiate and Associate submissions both digitally and in the form of printed panels, Fellowship panels must be submitted in the form of 20, 20x16 inch mounted prints. Please contact Terrie Jones to enquire as to the next Qualification Assessment Day.
The guidelines for the submission of SIFGP are as follows:
For fashion and glamour submissions we are looking for portraits showcasing either fashion items or showcasing the beauty of the subject. These images may include (but are not restricted to) boudoir or fine art nude portraits, or images advertising items of clothing, makeup, footwear or homeware. As stated images entered must be portraits, product shots are to be entered under SICIP.
To try and avoid any confusion in submissions for Qualification please follow
these guidelines when submitting your images for critique.
The submission must take the form of 20 Images in .jpg format, sequentially numbered 01.jpg to 20.jpg
The images must be of one genre i.e. all Wedding, all Portrait, all Events, all Sport etc.
Each .jpg file should not exceed 2000 pixels on the longest side.
The 20 .jpg files should be placed in a single folder and compressed (zipped) prior to submission.
We require the zipped folder to be named as follows: firstname_surname_qualification_membershipnumber.zip
Once you have prepared your files for submission please fill in the Qualification application form, once completed and the appropriate fee has been paid you will be transferred to our MailBigFile upload facility which will send your images direct to The Societies of Photographers Qualification Team for review. submission will then be forwarded for considered by three Fellows in the case of Licentiate and Five in the case of Associate and Fellow.
Apply for qualifications
Qualification Submission Rules & Guidelines
- Entrant must have solely captured and created the original photographs, this includes all composited elements within an image.
- All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- The entrant's name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the images.
- Images submitted for Qualification must have been captured within 24 months of the submission date. Exceptions may be made in the case of composite images, where elements of the image were captured by the photographer outside of the 24 month time period. (Please see our blog for updated Qualification rules for 2021 and 2022).
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor, in collaboration with another photographer (not including mentoring), or as a class assignment.
- No exact same image may be entered more than once in the same submission but exact same images may be used for successive submissions, such as resubmissions for the same qualification or a new submission for the next level of qualification.
- Any images which do not follow the category definition will be automatically disqualified.
- Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the rules and will be disqualified, this includes stock images and digital backgrounds.
- Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies, unless otherwise agreed.
- Qualifications are a benefit of membership to The Societies of Photographers and any successful submissions can only be advertised for as long as the entrant remains in membership.
- We reserve the right to: change or modify the rules without notice.
Guidelines for printed submissions
The images must adhere to the rules stated above in addition to the following:
- Each image must be mounted.
- All entries must be 20x16 inches inclusive of the mount.
- Within the mount each image must have one side of at least 10 inches (254mm)
- The print and mount combined must be no thicker than 6mm thick
Join today and receive a fantastic free gift: Apply for membership here: Apply here